Just Imagine that you already become an SEO Expert in India! How do you feel now?
What are the qualities and responsibilities you should have as an SEO Expert in India!
Do you think it’s easy?
Not that much, but it’s learnable! It requires your valuable time and energy to invest in SEO to become an expert in it.
Not only learning can help you to become an SEO expert, but you need to implement those skills you learned!
If you are ready to learn SEO continuously, implement by yourself, and get the desired outcome, then only you can say I am an SEO Expert!
Before jumping into this, make sure you have a clear goal on why you want to become an SEO Expert in India?
What you want to achieve and how it will beneficial for your career?
You want to become a Freelance SEO Consultant in India or you want to start your SEO Agency or you want to do Job for a well-reputed company!
Think… Think…! Write it down all your plans, goals that you want to achieve in this!
Now Fear Not, you have the full clarity! You can easily grab this! Let’s jump into the topic.
So, before you start telling the world that you are an S.E.O Expert in India, first, you should become an expert in Search Engine Optimization.
How can you be an expert in this field?
Let’s start with the basic,
What is SEO?
The main goal SEO is to rank your desired keywords at the top of Google’s SERP or other search engines So that, you can attract potential customers to your website and making sales or generating leads and convert them to your client.
To achieve these things, we need to follow certain rules and guidelines for the search engine and for your users. So, that you can reach your target customer.
Now, let’s focus on what is meant by an expert in SEO and how to understand all this!
What does it really mean by “SEO Expert”?
Anyone can say that I am an Expert in SEO. But always remember, there is still someone who knows more than you! So, your focus should be on learning to get results consistently.
An SEO Expert is the person who can understand the business process, analyze the website, can understand what the audience is looking for, and can prepare an SEO strategy to improve the ranking in the SERP and get quality visitors from search engines to your website. Those have higher chances of becoming your customer.
Skills Required to Become an SEO Expert in India
The Following Skills you should master-
- Understanding How Search Engine Works.
- Understand the three Important Ranking Factors- Relevance, Authority, Utility
- Follow E.A.T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness)
- Learn the four buckets of SEO
- Build your personal branding by starting your blog
- Narrow down your Niche
- Create Systems and Delegate Tasks
- Follow the top SEO Industry leaders
- Never Stop Learning
- Be patient
1. Understanding How Search Engine Works
- Search Engine Performs 3 Simple steps to rank a website in the S.E.R.P.
- Crawling: Crawling is the discovery process of finding new content. In this stage search engine, bots find the newly added or updated content.
- Indexing: In this stage, Google Search Engine tries to understand the material and store it in an organized manner.
- Ranking: In this phase, when a user types a query in the search bar, Google is looking up for the most relevant content from the organized or indexed store, and then ranks the webpages accordingly.
To know more, you can visit Google’s guide to How Search Engine Works!
2. Understand The Three primary key for Ranking a Website:
- People are saying there are more than 200 number of ranking factors available, but without these three, all these are not going to work out!
- This tells the search engine how relevant your content to the searcher’s query.
- So always remember before writing any blog post or website content, find out what your users question by doing keyword research, google auto-suggestion, and using some tools like answer the public, LSI graph tool, etc.
- Google gives more priority to authorized content and established links. It ranks those sites that have high authority sites link juice, and that too from a relevant website.
- Yes, Utility! Google always prefers to show up the best results at the top of the SERP. It means, not only by matching search intent but also, those who deserve to be the top of SERP.
- The quality and utility depending on the search query itself.
- To make it better understandable, suppose an online tool works well on the desktop, but it lacks efficiency for mobile visitors because of this; it unusable on mobile.
- So keep in mind your website should be responsive to all types of device platforms.
3. Follow E.A.T:
- E.A.T stands for expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness. It came from Google’s Search Quality Guidelines to assess the quality of Google search results.
- E.A.T is vital for all queries, but some are more important than others. For example, if you are searching for cute dogs, then google does not matter that much. If the search result does not look cute, Because the topic is subjective, this is not a big deal.
- But in case if you are searching for aspirin to reduce pain or fever. In this case, E.A.T is a must.
- Google state to these kinds of topics as YMYL (Your Money or Your Life) topics. That means those types of pages potentially impact a person’s health, happiness, finance, or safety. Google called it such as Your Money or Your Life.
- “So You Always remember, if your site built around a YAML topic, you must demonstrate E.A.T, and it’s very crucial.”
- In this, Google wants to verify those writers are writing; they are actually trustworthy and have expert knowledge in their topic or not.
- Because many writers are writing articles that are not trustworthy, so for the betterment of the user and search engine, give your expertise proof in the authors’ bio section like certification, qualification, etc.
4. Learn the Four Buckets of SEO
– There are four main pillars of SEO, i.e.,
1. Keyword Research
2. On-Page SEO
3. Link Building
4. Technical SEO.
1. Keyword Research:
- Keyword Research gives you specific data on what queries people are searching for your product or services.
- Keyword Research involves discovering relevant queries or phrases that your audience is searching in search engines like Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
- When you search for keywords, always target those keywords which have good transactional value, business potential, and that does not have much competition.
- It means you should choose the keywords with high search volume and a good number of clicks and high business value but low ranking difficulty.
2. On-page SEO:
- It is the practice of optimizing the content and web pages for users and search engines to improve rankings and attracting more organic visitors to your website from search engines.
- There are several elements presents to optimize it for your blog posts or the webpages, such as
1. Title Tags Optimization
2. Meta Description
3. Headers Tag Optimization
4. URL Optimization
5. Image Optimization
6. Content Optimization
1. Title Tag: – This is an HTML tag used to specify the title of a webpage.
- The best title is within 50- 60 characters or 600 pixels
- Try to use your primary keyword in starting of the title.
2. Meta Description:
- The Meta Description is also an HTML attribute that provides a summary of a webpage.
- The limit should be within 160 characters.
- Write it for the user, but try to fit your primary keyword in the description naturally.
3. Headers Tag:
- There are six types of HTML tags available from h1-h6.
- Use hierarchy both of the users and crawlers.
- Use only 1 <h1> tag per page. Use your primary keyword in the h1 tag.
4. URL Optimization:
- It stands for Uniform Resource Locator
- Use the primary keyword in the URL.
- Keep it short as much as possible.
- Avoid stopping words like the, of, etc.
- URLs are case sensitive.
- Avoid underscores in the URLs.
5. Image Optimization:
- Images can give you more traffic.
- Use your keywords as the file name.
- Use the keywords in the alt tags.
6. Content Optimization:
- Try to use your primary keyword in the first 100 words of your content.
- Use the primary, secondary, and LSI keyword in the content contextually.
- Make sure you are using your keywords naturally and grammatically correct.
3. Link Building:
- Link Building is the process of getting links from third party sites.
- It helps the search engines to improve the page rank of the webpages leads to increase the ranking position of the webpages and the resultant, you will get more organic traffic and some referral traffic to your website.
- There are mainly three types of links available that you need to optimize for your webpages to get the link juice to your website, to establish the authority, and to boost your rankings.
- Inbound Link (Backlinks)
- This type of link is getting an incoming hyperlink from other 3rd party websites. You can get this by following the three processes!
- Always Create Quality and Problem-Solving Content that Generate Interest: -This is the best way to get quality backlinks. You can do organically to create links from different websites from those who want to share this with their audiences.
- Find Good Link from your competitors and ask them to link to your site: Take a competitor’s website and see their backlink profile through Ahref or Semrush tool.
- Then, check from where they are getting links and reach out to those site owners and ask for a link to your site.
- Like this, reach out to other influencers on your industry, online authorities, and ask them to link back to your site.
- To become the best SEO Expert, you need to experiment with these things and learn how it works.
- Look for high Domain-Authority Sites: There is speculation that backlinks from high authority domains like .edu and .gov sites have extra search ranking value. Try to connect with these types of links.
- Remove or Disavow Bad Links:
- No one will ask to link your site. So your site may get links from less credible websites that can hurt your rankings.
- Make sure that you regularly check the links from your site with Google Search Console or Semrush tools.
- If you see any low-quality links, ask the site owner to remove the link or disavow it by using google disavow links tool in Search Console to ask Google not to take those links into account when accessing your site.
2. Outbound Links:
- Backlinks are the most important type of link, but when it comes to outbound links, you should ensure the quality of the link – that means the links from your site to other sites can also improve your website’s search ranking.
- So, Choose always high authority sites to give a link, look over the content, and identify a place where you can put an outbound link that will be useful for your visitors.
- These types of links are not only adding value to your visitors but also helps in increasing the authority of your site. While doing that, make sure the links are opening in a new tab so that your visitor will not leave your site.
3. Internal Links:
- It is a type of links, where the links go to other pages of the same website. It helps your visitors find relevant content on your site, and stay on your site for a long time.
- Internal links also help search engines to understand how well your site architecture.
- Internal Linking also improves how your site related and identifies essential pages on your site that can help boost search rankings and enable your visitors to found your site’s relevant content easily.
- So it is always better to add your related article links and spread the link juice to all over your site. While doing that, make sure you use anchor text which highlights the keywords for the particular page, so that it ranks for that search query.
4. Technical S.E.O:
- Technical SEO involves the website is optimized for the server-side, that helps the search engine spider crawl and index your site correctly. So, it helps in improving the search rankings.
- So, in this process, the SEO Expert should check the following checklists and need to optimize for the website.
- Make Sure the website Running with SSL (Secure Socket Layer).
- Ensure that the website is Mobile Friendly
- Make Sure the Site Speed is good. You can check the speed with googles page speed tool.
- Ensure there is no duplicate content is present and by using Canonical Tag Optimization, let google know which one is the main content.
- Create and Submit XML Sitemap.
- If the site is big and getting massive traffic, consider enabling AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages).
- Add Structured Mark-up Data for your website.
- Register and Submit Your Site with Google and Bing Search Webmaster Tools
5. Build Your Personal Branding by Creating your Own blog:
- Yes. You heard it right! Creating your blog website and publishing content regularly shows your expertise to the world that you are a thought leader in your field, and you have expert knowledge in this filed.
- You can create a WordPress blog just by booking a Domain Name and Hosting.
- After Installing WordPress, you can use the Free SEO Plugin for WordPress and build your personal branding by consistently publishing and sharing content with your audience.
- So that people will prefer to hire you for their SEO Services. It also builds trust in people, and you will be ahead of your competitor.
6. Narrow Down Your Niche:
- There is a famous quote on this: “Jack of all trades, master of none”!
- This is what you are doing since the beginning of your SEO career as you want to build a solid foundation in your field.
- SEO is a broad field, and you do not have much time to expert at all the buckets of SEO. You should focus on 1 or 2 skills where you can expertise it. Like Keyword Research and on-page SEO or Link building or Technical SEO.
- The best way is to focus on one skill at a time and make yourself a T- shaped SEO Expert. That means you have broad skills across all the pillars of SEO but Expertise in one particular skill.
7. Create a System and Delegate Tasks
- When you go in-depth and become a T-shaped SEO expert, you will realize that there is not enough time in the day to do everything yourself.
- Like you, some people are better at SEO skills and experts in other areas where you are not. Let them delegate those tasks to them and free up your time to focus on yourself or to enjoy.
8. Follow the Top SEO Experts in the Industry Leaders:
Here I am sharing some of the Top SEO Experts in this industry. You can follow them here by visiting their Twitter profile.
1. Danny Sullivan:
2. Bruce Clay
3. Rank Fishkin
4. Brain Dean
5. Neil Patel
7. Matt Cutts
8. Matt McGee
8. Never Stop Learning:
- It is a field where you should keep updating your knowledge from time to time to generate consistent results for your business or clients.
- So you must make a habit of learning new things daily by reading books, authorized blogs, by going to SEO meetups, conferences or workshops in your area, etc.
- You can also share your knowledge or ask your doubts or questions by joining different communities, groups, or forums.
- You can engage with like-minded people by connecting them through social media sites like LinkedIn and follow your expert leader on twitter.
- Watch their YouTube videos and listen to podcasts.
- Follow the Pareto Principle practice, spend 80% of your time doing, and 20% of your time in learning.
9. Be Patient:
- SEO Success is not an overnight process. So It may take up to 6 months to show the results over your investment, but in the end, the results always make you happy.
- So be patient, keep the consistency. Follow the good practices and optimize your blog regularly, and your pages eventually start to rank. Never Give up!
To Become the best SEO Expert and To bring out the best in you, you need to always maintain your persistence and consistency in improving your skillset and provide excellent value to your audience and your client’s business.
Please do not treat your clients or customers like robots, treat them like real people. Treat them like your guest in your home.
Everyone loves to be acknowledged, even in small things. Ensure you greet them well, take care of them, listen to their problems, and support them in all areas.
To grow in your field for too longer extends, keep yourself up to date with the right knowledge. If possible, keep a mentor for you, who can guide you on each step you grow.
While you are growing, focus more on your communication skills, behavior, and being with honesty and humility.
I hope all the above points will help you to become an SEO Expert in India. Let me know in the comment section what do you think and what you learned in this guide?
Any doubts, problems that you want to clarify, please let me know!